Frequently Asked Questions
Here you'll find answers to the most commonly asked questions about our software. If you don't find what you're looking for, please contact us and we'll get back to you with an answer.
- Who can use Easy-IP?
- Easy-IP is ideal for organizations with thousands of IP Addresses to manage, such as ISPs, Telcos or large Enterprises, and it is equally suitable for smaller networks with a few hundred nodes.
- Does it take long to install?
- Unlike other IPAM solutions that take hours of complex configuration, Easy-IP can be installed and discovering your IP network in less than 30 minutes.
- How scalable is Easy-IP?
- Easy-IP can scale from a single-user with a few hundred devices, right up to Global Service Providers who need to manage millions of IP addresses from multiple locations.
- Is there a web interface?
- Yes - Easy-IP offers a modern HTML5 web interface that delivers the look and feel, usability and performance of a desktop application.
All of the major functionality such as Add/Delete Subnets, Host Discovery, Search and Reporting are available directly from the web browser.
- Is the web interface secure?
- A valid SSL certificate is included with the Webserver and all communications between the web browser and the server are encrypted using HTTPS.
- Is the data sent between the server and the client encrypted?
- All data and commands between the Server and the Windows Client are encrypted using AES, when the encryption setting is enabled.
- How do I authenticate user login?
- Secure login is provided by Microsoft Active Directory authentication, as well as native Easy-IP username/password security.
This ensures compliance with corporate security standards, such as maximum password age, minimum password length, and password complexity.
- Can I restrict access to certain users?
- Administrative users can delegate responsibility for IP address management to other users, regardless of location.
Users can be assigned read-write, or read-only access to the database. Access rights can be granted based on specific subnets or IP address ranges.
- Does Easy-IP support VLSM and CIDR?
- Yes. Easy-IP has extensive drag & drop functionality for partitioning address space into variable length subnets (VLSM), including automatic subnet mask calculation, along with visual graphic indication of the CIDR prefix for every subnet.
- What about overlapping IP space?
- Using separate container files, you can manage multiple instances of overlapping IP address space.
Complex networks can be split into different groups according to countries, regions, or department functions.
- Does Easy-IP support RFC1918?
- Easy-IP handles both private (RFC1918) and public (ARIN/RIPE allocated) IP address space, as well as IPv4 and IPv6 simultaneously.
- How long does it take to perform a Network Discovery?
- Testing has shown that a first time discovery conducted on a network with 1000 devices takes less than 5 minutes.
The exact length of time required to perform a discovery depends on several factors, including the scope of discovery being performed, latency, bandwidth, or response time.
- Can I customize the database by adding my own fields?
- With Easy-IP custom fields, you can track specific information such as Operating System, Circuit Number, Line Speed, or OSPF Area, and customize the information to suit your own network.
- Is there an API available?
- Yes. Easy-IP includes a SOAP API for integration with third party systems for trouble ticketing and asset tracking.
We provide examples in Delphi and C#, but you can use any development language such as, Python, Ruby, Java, Perl, or NodeJS.
- Can I automate Backups or Network Discovery?
- With the built-in Task Scheduler, you can automate tasks such as Backup, Network Discovery or Reporting to run daily, weekly or monthly, at a time that suits you.
- Is there an audit trail for change management?
- Easy-IP keeps track of all additions, deletions, and changes to the database by every user. The changes are time stamped to ensure a full audit trail, ensuring full compliance with regulatory requirements such as SOX, PCI, and HIPPA.
- What database platform does Easy-IP support?
- Easy-IP is powered by Firebird SQL, an industry-standard, ODBC compliant, SQL database engine, that requires no assistance from a dedicated database administrator.
- Which ports does Easy-IP use?
- If there is a firewall between the Easy-IP Server and the Client, then you need to allow all traffic on the following ports.
- Easy-IP Server - 8095
- SOAP Server - 8080
- Thinfinity UI - 6580